Last reviewed Tigers Constitution 2014/15
Rules and Constitution Updated June 14
1. The Club shall be called Tigers Junior Football Club for age groups U6’s to U18’s and Tigers Football Club for Men & Ladies and shall be affiliated to the Essex County Football Association.
2. The objective of the club is to provide local youths with the opportunity and facilities to play football from the age of 6 to adult.
3. The clubs colours are yellow & black striped shirts – black shorts. Away strips only to be worn if colours clash with the opposing team. The away colours are white shirts – black shorts.
4. Kit and Equipment is the property of Tigers JFC.
5. All reasonable equipment costs: bibs/balls/cones/goals will be paid for by Tigers JFC subject to availability of funds and committee approval. All requests must go through the kit secretary.
6. As per agreement all Tigers home kit must be ordered through Trophyland, Hornchurch.
7. Teams should attempt to find a sponsor to purchase new kits. Fund raising events should be considered. Kit in good condition will be passed down. Club to provide kit only if these options are unsuccessful or inappropriate, subject to committee approval.
8. As per agreement due to our Chartered Standard Status all Managers must have obtained their Level 1 badge and undertaken a CRC check, due to this being a mandatory requirement by the FA Tigers JFC will cover the cost for this once the Manager has completed and passed. HOWEVER IF YOU LEAVE THE CLUB WITHIN 18 MONTHS OF PASSING YOU WILL HAVE TO REIMBURSE THE CLUB THE MONEY PAID OUT.
9. Registration cards will NOT be signed by the club secretary without payment of signing on fee and completed registration form where applicable, unless in exceptional circumstances & with committee approval.
10. There will be a signing on fee at the start of each season, agreed by the committee.
11. Players will not be de-registered or transferred until all kit has been returned or any outstanding fees or fines paid.
12. All fines received from the relevant leagues registered to or the Essex FA must be paid by the relevant team within 7 days of receiving notification
13. Membership shall be open to all: irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social status or sexual orientation.
14. The Management Committee consists of elected members, positions which include: Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Club Secretary, Social Secretary, Treasurer, Kit Secretary, Child Welfare Officer, Disciplinary Officer, Summer Tournament Co- Coordinator, Fund Raising & Marketing Officer and Girls Co-Ordinator. Members will stand for election annually.
15. All meetings of Tigers JFC will be conducted in a civilised manner, speaking through the “Chair”.
16. A minimum of 4 committee members is required for a meeting too take place.
17. The committee are personally liable for the business of Tigers JFC.
18. Team managers are elected members of Tigers and as such are invited to attend Manager’s meetings.
19. Everyone connected with Tigers JFC must preserve the good name and reputation of the club. Failure to do so will result in the offending member being called up for a Disciplinary Hearing. The committee shall have the power to fine or suspend players and to prevent parents from attending matches should it become necessary. The committee shall have the power to recommend for expulsion any member deemed guilty of conduct deemed prejudicial to the good name of the club.
20. The club will have a qualified Child Welfare Officer and Child Protection Policy in place at all times.
21. The Club will have Codes of Conduct that must be adhered to for Managers/Coaches/Spectators/Parents and Players.
22. The club will organise 3 social events per season in addition to its Presentation Night and 5-a-side competition to raise funds for the club.
23. All age groups must support social events: it is the responsibility of the Managers & Committee to distribute tickets.
24. Tickets for Social Events to be purchased in advance.
25. There will be one bank account only in the name of Tigers JFC. The club treasurer to hold cheque books, cheques to be signed in accordance with the current bank mandate. Two signatures are needed on any cheque. Individual teams may hold small amounts of money from subs & savings (Parents have chosen to purchase extra items of kit i.e. tracksuits, sweatshirts etc.)
26. All Managers must submit the appropriate balance sheet provided by the Club, to the Treasurer on a monthly basis clearly showing all transactions made that month and an up to date balance. For those who hold a team bank account this must be accompanied by a copy of their bank statement.
27. The club accounts must be audited annually & submitted to the committee for the signatures of the Chairman, Treasurer and Club Secretary.
28. Committee meetings will be held 3 times a year and are mandatory. Any committee member/manager who cannot attend must nominate a person from their respective team to attend for them, failure to do so will result in a £25 fine.
29. The club will hold an Annual General Meeting, no later than June. Any committee member/manager who cannot attend must nominate a person from their respective team to attend for them, failure to do so will result in a £40 fine.
30. Rules will be considered for additions/deletions on a regular basis, not less than once a year. Rule change must comply with the ruling of at least 6 members present. Chairman must confirm the rule changes for them to be valid.
31. A resolution to dissolve the club shall only be proposed at a general meeting and shall be carried by a majority of at least three quarters of the members present.
32. The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the members of the club committee shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the club
33. Any Surplus assets remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the club shall be transferred to another club, a competition, the parent county association or The F.A for use by them for related community sports
34. All administration requests by the committee must be completed within 7 days of the original date requested. Failure to do so will result in a £10 fine